Wednesday 3 November 2010

Flatbread

I'm still working on breads, although I think I almost have a good custom wheat-free flour mix figured out. The problem is when I forget to use it, and go a bit too heavily on the starches. My multi-flour mix was simply turned into a dough with flour, warm water and flaxseed meal (mixed with a little water as a binder.) Some was fried into the wedges in the photo, creating a chewy dense and nutty flavoured bread. (That would be the millet and sorghum flours and the potato starch, I think.) Some was grilled as flat thin discs on some oiled foil. They turned out quite pleasantly crispy, and so a supper of flatbread, Port Salut and some sweet paprika spiced salami was had.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I see a pattern of wheat less ness! be ye intolerant to the wheatyness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arr indeed, it does not agree with one so well most of the time. And finding alternatives turns out to be a Grand Science Adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thats a shame :( and with my unlimited bakery awesomeness experience I can safely say most store bought wheat free stuffs is pretty dire!

    ReplyDelete